Laguna Greenbelt, Inc. is a grassroots organization that has worked ceaselessly to protect wildlife habitat in Orange County since 1968.Our founder, Jim Dilley, sought to preserve a “greenbelt” of open space around Laguna Beach. We led efforts to preserve a coastal wilderness area that is now almost four times the size that Dilley envisioned—22,000 beautiful acres.Today we continue to defend this iconic landscape for the sake of its wild inhabitants and the people who love it.
Laguna Greenbelt, Inc:
- Watches for threats to Laguna’s coastal wilderness
- Protects wildlife habitat through collaborative solutions
- Educates decisionmakers about wildlife needs
- Inspires new generations of wildlife stewards and advocates
- Promotes appreciation of local wilderness areas
Laguna Greenbelt, Inc.
In Laguna Beach, we have a saying: “Together, we saved Laguna Canyon.” Thousands of people have been involved in the decades-long struggle to keep the lands around Laguna wild. We started it all in 1968! More
Laguna Greenbelt, Inc. has attracted dozens of bright and dedicated community members to its Board of Directors over the years. These volunteers have carried out the majority of the organization’s work. More